Friday 6 February 2009

GLENMORANGIE 84/100

... this engaging northern highlander has been the biggest selling Malt in Scotland for years, due mainly to consistent quality and refined complexity at a relatively young age.
The Malt at ten years has an engaging balance of floral,citrus,spice, nuts and fruit, and this balance is the key! ..... a french perfumier identified 26 separate aromas from this Malt, ......... ooh ! la! la!.
I won't try to narrow down the taste basics, I recommend you try it as an affordable whisky lesson.
Recently this Malt was purchased along with Ardbeg by L.V.M.H. who specialize in luxury 'Brands'.
I suspect standards will fall,
time will tell.
Glenmorangie 10 y.o. 91/100

Feb'10 - well, dispite my doom and gloom, standards havn't fallen yet, although I find the Glenmorangie 'Original' worth 87/100 and some very pretty bottles on shop shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.